Latest available unstable version (for KDE Frameworks 5): 3.0 beta 2
Latest available stable version for KDE4: 2.1.3
Please try out the new installer for Kile on Microsoft Windows. You can download it from here.
To support the development of Kile for the Microsoft Windows and the MacOS platforms, the developers would welcome hardware donations.
For further details please contact the developers.
What is Kile?
Kile is a user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor by KDE.
Kile is available for many architectures and operating systems such as PC, Mac, and BSD, including Linux and Microsoft Windows.
The main features are:
- Compile, convert and view your document with one click.
- Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
- Templates and wizards make starting a new document very little work.
- Easy insertion of many standard tags and symbols and the option to define (an arbitrary number of)
user defined tags.
- Inverse and forward search: click in the DVI viewer and jump to the corresponding
LaTeX line in the editor, or jump from the editor to the corresponding page in the viewer.
- Finding chapter or sections is very easy, Kile constructs a list of all the chapter etc.
in your document. You can use the list to jump to the corresponding section.
- Collect documents that belong together into a project.
- Easy insertion of citations and references when using projects.
- Flexible and smart build system to compile your LaTeX documents.
- QuickPreview, preview a selected part of your document.
- Easy access to various help sources.
- Advanced editing commands.
Check out the screenshots
section for some visual impressions.